Bizz Badge imports and distributes thousands of promotional items every day. The Pressures of reducing carbon footprints are growing daily, and we are aware that our customers are as apprehensive as we are about the impact their orders have on the environment.
This year we will be putting lots of focus into how as a company we currently offset our carbon uses and how we intend to improve upon this.
Currently the majority of our products from the Far East are flown in using British Airways through our freight forwarders, and delivered in the UK by a courier company. All Companies have adopted a number of ways to ensure they offset their carbon emissions. These are detailed below…
• Partnered with renewable fuels experts Velocys – together they are designing a series of centres that convert household & commercial waste into renewable jet fuel
• Aircraft investment – investing £6.5 billion into the business over the next five years. This includes operating 44 new fuel-efficient aircraft, with a further 73 on order.
• The Airbus A350 is the latest addition to their fleet and is 25% more fuel-efficient than the similar-sized aircraft it replaces. Featuring weight-reducing composite materials, refined aerodynamics & new Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines, the A350 offers a much greener way to fly long-haul.
• Supporting responsible climate regulation – We’ve participated in the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) since its introduction in 2012. From 2020, carbon emissions on our international flights will be capped under the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for Aviation (CORSIA). The scheme will reduce the aviation industry’s emissions by 2.5 billion tonnes of CO2 from 2021–2035.
• Carefully planning model trunking schedules to achieve route optimisation using our available resources and reduce Co2 emissions.
• They use modern aero dynamic fuel efficient vehicles that are regularly maintained and serviced.
• Supporting the Department of Transport by participating in a 10 year pilot scheme trialling extended length trailers. The test vehicles are independently monitored over the course of the programme to log carbon emissions and safety records.
• Committed to a waste recycling scheme, this includes shrink wrap, paper, cardboard, scrap metal and ink cartridges.
• Unusable wooden pallets are provided to a third party company for chipping and recycling.
The remaining freight may need to be flown in on a quicker service in which case we use DHL or UPS. When using either of these methods we make sure we chose the Carbon Neutral shipping options…
DHL offer the ‘GOGREEN CARBON NEUTRAL’ service, providing an environmentally responsible shipping option. GOGREEN CARBON NEUTRAL service helps to combat climate change by offsetting emissions from the transportation of our shipments.
UPS purchases certified carbon (CO2) offsets to give a way to balance out the emissions produced by the transportation of shipments. UPS has supported projects that include reforestation, landfill gas destruction, wastewater treatment, and methane destruction.
Bizz Badge understand the need to be sustainable for the planet and future generations. With this objective in the forefront of our minds, we aspire to supply your promotional products to be used and re-used with pride and not at the detriment of our environment.